Ever smelled a rose and instantly felt more serene? Or a tasted a squeeze of lemon and felt more refreshed? How about a whiff of peppermint that helps you feel more alert?
If so, you’re already practicing aromatherapy. Therapeutic scents can literally help us feel better inside and out.
I’ve been dabbling in essential oils for several years, but decided to get more serious now that Griffin is entering pre-school. As he is exposed to more colds, flus, and coughs, I want to have an arsenal of natural remedies at my fingertips. And that’s where essential oils come in.
Why I chose Young Living essential oils
Years ago, I worked with a physical therapist who incorporated massage and used Young Living oils. I will never forget the wonderful smells of these oils and how great I felt every time I left her office. As I researched Young Living as a company, I was impressed by their quality (above organic) and seed to seal process. They source out the purest farms or create them themselves; they weed by hand; they use their own oils for pest control; and they gently distill their oils without chemicals. They also rigorously test their final product both in-house and by a third party to meet therapeutic standards. Plants and their oils are powerful yet delicate in nature. By using Young Living, I know that the plant’s “living energy” is in every bottle. Their essential oils are 100% therapeutic grade, effective and safe.
Also, of all the oil companies out there, I found that Young Living has the best and most affordable starter kits. They make it easy for a newbie to get started!
“What do I actually do with Essential Oils?”
That was my question when I first got started but it really wasn’t hard to find ways to incorporate into my daily life. I diffuse oils daily to uplift spirits or help cranky toddlers sleep. I’ve used at the first sign of cold or cough. I’ve used them for sinus pressure, aches and pains, fevers, blotchy skin, headaches, hair loss, eczema, sun spots, sore throats, athlete’s foot, and I could go on. I think of them as my natural medicines 🙂
When I got started with EOs, I ordered them one at a time
I usually bought them on Amazon. But little did I know that I was spending more money than I needed to – and potentially making compromises on the purity and quality of the oils that I bought. Unfortunately, there’s a lot of impostor oils that are labeled Young Living, when in fact they are diluted, cheap oils.
I was a beginner, so I didn’t want to sign up for any expensive kit or monthly plan.
But now that I know more, I wish I would have signed up as a wholesale member years ago. It’s just a better value, and there are no monthly payment minimums or requirement to sell.
Are you curious about Essential Oils?
If so, I’d highly recommend giving Young Living a closer look. One of the most popular ways to get started is sign up as a distributor and get their Premium Starter Kit with the diffuser. Watch me unbox mine below.
YL Premium Starter Kit unboxing
See everything that’s inside the kit in this short video 🙂
This kit retails for over $300, but as a Wholesale Member, you get a 50% discount
- 5 mL bottles of the following essential oils:
- Lavender (for skin irritations and relaxation),
- Peppermint (for muscle soreness and digestive issues),
- Lemon (for detoxification and cleaning),
- Frankincense (for youthful skin and spiritual connection),
- PanAway (for pain and inflammation),
- Peace & Calming (for relaxation and good sleep),
- Thieves (for immunity and colds/flus),
- Purification (for mold/fungus/infections),
- Valor (for spinal issues and snoring)
- Joy (for happiness and love)
- A home diffuser (a $96 value. I use mine daily.)
- A bonus oil! 5 mL bottle of Stress Away (I LOVE this oil. My favorite scent by far 🙂 )
- Aroma Glide roller fitment (to turn any oil into a roll on)
- 10 sample packets total of Lavender, Peppermint, Peace & Calming, Lemon, and Thieves for travel or sharing with family and friends
- 2 NingXia Red 2-oz. samples (a yummy antioxidant supplement)
Plus, if you buy the kit through my link, I’ll send you a free book!
I’ve learned so much from this little book, and I’m sure you will too!
Want to try Young Living essential oils?
You can get Young Living Essential Oils in two ways.
- as a Wholesale Member (highly encouraged… it sounds like a serious commitment but it ain’t)
- or as a Retail Customer via the Young Living website (don’t recommend it because you don’t get the discount!)
I highly recommend joining as a Wholesale Member, even if you’re a beginner. Wholesale Members get access to the Premium Starter Kit, and they get an amazing 24% discount off every product you order. There are no tricks or gimmicks, no automatic charges to your credit card, etc.
You don’t need to “sell” oils to be part of this
For Wholesale Members there is no requirement to sell or meet monthly quotas or anything like that.
But if you’d like to earn some extra income…
Wholesale Members do have the option of sharing oils with their friends and family in order to earn commissions and participate in promotions for free oils. Some mamas even turn this into a business for themselves. If this is something you’re interested in, sign up with me and I’ll help you get started!
Here’s how to begin
You start by purchasing an enrollment kit. There are three options to choose from. However, I only recommend the Premium Starter Kit with the diffuser (pictured above). It is by far the best value and will help you actually start using essential oils. It’s the only kit that gives you the 10 Everyday Essential Oils (plus a bonus oil, StressAway, which happens to be my favorite). These 11 oils will give you endless options in treating your family and yourself.
Sign me up!
To get started, just follow these steps.
- Click over to the sign-up page.
- Select “Sign Up As: Young Living Wholesale Member”
- The “Enroller ID” and “Sponsor ID” boxes should already be filled in for you. If they aren’t, my ID is 1690223, and you can fill both the boxes with this number.
- Fill out your name, billing address, shipping address, and contact info. (The reason you are asked for your SSN is for tax purposes; if you make over $600/year selling Young Living products, you will receive a 1099 form in the mail, as is required by law. Young Living never shares this info with anyone.)
- Create your password and pin which you will use to log in to your account and order your oils.
- Select your enrollment order. This is where you can specify which starter kit you would like. You must sign up with one of these kits to become a Wholesale Member.
- Set up your optional Essential Rewards Program. Buying one of the ER kits is not a requirement to sign up as a Wholesale Member! This is a rewards program you can opt into to start earning money back to help pay for your oils. At this point, you can skip this step by selecting “No, thank you. I plan on enrolling in the Essential Rewards Program later.” If one of the ER kits looks valuable to you, then go for it in addition to your starter kit.
- Agree to Terms & Conditions.
- CONFIRM YOUR ORDER. I have had many folks miss this step and end up not fully checking out. To confirm, the tool will log you in and it will show you your order again and it will make you enter in your payment information again.
Congratulations! Welcome to the amazing world of essential oils!
I know you’re going to love this next phase of your natural living journey just like I do. If you have any questions, email me at mama AT mamanatural dot com
Join my private Facebook group about essential oils!
Join me and other essential oil enthusiasts in my private Facebook group. Get ideas, share tips, and chat with likeminded mamas. Just click the “Join Group” button in the upper right and I’ll add you 😉